- Our Glass Media is an engineered Sandblasting Media manufactured from 100% recycled Bottle Glass. Crushed Glass is a very good general purpose abrasive and used in many industrial applications where Environmental considerations are an issue as glass is chemicaly non toxic and can be used in close proximinity to water.
- Glass also has the benefits of Non cold sparking and so safe for environmentally sensitive areas and for use in Oil and Gas installations were the potential for naked flame or sparks are of great concern.
- Our suppliers are one of the largest manufacturers of Crushed Glass in Europe with a capacity for up to 1000 tons per week and operate under strict ISO control systems and have in place full accreditation for ISO 9001 (Quality), ISO 14001(Environmental) and ISO 18001 (Health & Safety) Our glass is also accredited to BSI PAS 102 which is the European recognised quality standard as well as being accredited by the drinking water inspectorate to Reg. 31. Reg. 31 is the quality standard that states the media is of such quality it can be used to filter water for Human consumption.
- Eco and operator Friendly - Blasting Media
100% recycled glass eleminates the health risk of airbourne carcinogens. It is non hazardous and completely inert, so is safe to use around water.
Glass dust is classified by OSHA as only "nuisance" dust because it contains less than 1% free silica. Glass also does not contain virtually any of the OSHA identified Heavy/Toxic Metals associated with some slags.
Lastly, since Glass is translucent, visibility and productivity are significantly improved when compared to a blast environment using traditional hard abrasives.
- How Can glass be silica Free.
Recycled bottle glass is chemically known as Amorphous silica. Free silica is commonoly found in traditional blasting sand. Silica Sand dust in its natural state has an open crystaline structure that has the capability of sticking to lung tissues and when this happens the likelyhood of developing a serious respiratory disease called Silicosis increases.Users of Common Sand for Sandblasting are sometimes unaware that the danger in using sand does not dissapear once the dust settles, and they remove their protective clothing only to be subjected to the invisible fines and dangerous particles that are still airbourne for hours after the blasting has taken place, also leaving unsuspecting general publice at serious risk to damage to their health.
Glass Media on the other hand has a closed crystaline structure due to the proccess of manufacturing and the high temperature required which makes it physically impossible to stick to human lung tissue. When a person is exposed to amorphous Glass fines or dust, the body will expel the dust as it would any other type of natural dirt.
- Benefits of Glass blasting
In addition to worker safety benefits, crushed glass delivers a natural whiter metal finish and significantly decreases embedment issues up to 5 times less than some slag abrasives.
Glass works very well at removing typical coatings and surface preparation and improves visibility compared to other abrasives.
- CRUSHED GLASS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING GRADES
- Packed in 25kg bags / 50 bags per pallet / Shrink wrapped
Larger sized pallets can be arranged for forklift unloading only, Taillift deliveries are limited to 1 ton weight 40 x 25kg bags unless help is available with unloading.
We also specialise in full loads of Glass Media 27.5 tons / 22 pallets of 50 x 25kg bags delivered directly to your premises ( forklift unloading only) Loads can me of mixed Grades, please contact us for very competitive pricing with Guaranteed supply.